History of the HABA Family
- In April Eugen Habermaaß and Anton Engel found a factory for fine wooden products, later named "Habermaaß & Co.", and the "Wehrfritz & Co." company together with Karl Wehrfritz.
- Anton Engel and Karl Wehrfritz leave and Eugen Habermaaß becomes the sole managing director of both companies.
- After the death of her husband, Luise Habermaaß takes over the management of the Habermaaß and Wehrfritz firms.
- After an apprenticeship in cabinetmaking and a course of study at the Rosenheim Engineering School, Klaus Habermaaß takes on an active role in the company at the age of 24.
- The firm moves to new premises for administration, production and warehousing in August-Grosch-Straße. Two more construction phases are completed over the next few years.
- The HABA company takes over the "Skaneateles Handicrafters" company located in upstate New York/USA. The company name is later changed to "T.C. Timber". In 2002 T.C.Timber is restructured and becomes the sales, marketing and distribution center HABA USA.
- Construction on Factory III begins in Werner-von-Siemens-Straße. By 2008, 8 more construction phases are complete, expanding the site for production, logistics and distribution.
- JAKO-O, a mail-order company for families with children ages 0 to 10, is founded. 1993 HABA S.a.r.l. is founded in Evry near Paris.
- Annual sales for the company are around 100 million euros.
- The number of people employed by the corporate family employs exceeds 1,000 for the first time.
- Catalogs from the new FIT-Z and Qiéro companies expand the JAKO-O range.
- The corporate family moves into the new "Brauhof" reception and office building. 2007 The corporate family achieves annual sales of more than 250 million euros and employs over 1,500 people.
2 of 5 new warehouses are completed in Elsaer Straße. They cover an area of approx. 3600 m2 and 5300 m2.
The company crèche, which opened in 2004, is expanded and moves into larger premises in the former home of Luise Habermaaß.
In August, Wehrfritz GmbH acquired an interest in the company project GmbH, Lutherstadt, Eisleben.
Wehrfritz Polen Sp. z o.o. was founded in November.
- The JAKO-O Familiystore GmbH & Co.KG. came into being in January.
', '2012-03-21 21:05:36', '2012-05-29 17:30:31', 1, 0, '